Insights about current packaging trends and potentials for innovations and future markets from key note speakers along the value-added chain (packaging producers, manufacturer of branded goods, service providers, science, etc.)
Continuous assessment by accomplishing partial performances incl. questionnaires, online exam, online exercises, participation, term paper, peer feedback and pitch presentation.
Lehr- und Lernmethode
Blended learning approach
• Lecture format: key note speeches, activating teaching and learning methods
• Work packages & exercises:
– Compulsory literature: basic understanding of current trends in the packaging industry, serves as preparation for key note speeches, encourages independent research and analysis of current trends for further problem identification and prospective solution proposals
– Online-exam: exam about compulsory literature in Moodle
– Questionnaire: Students prepare on their own individual questionnaires with up to 5 questions prior to key note speeches, which serve as basic research for their term paper
– Online exercise: online exercise in Moodle about global trends in the packaging industry in conjunction with SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)
– Term paper: Students work individually on a self-elected or a predetermined topic including research, description, problem identification and solution proposals (trends, innovations) in the packaging industry by composing all findings in a term paper. This serves for a deep knowledge acquisition of current popular topics in the packaging industry as well as for a deep dive along the value chain. Furthermore, it facilitates structure and constitution of a scientific paper. For detailed information regarding structure of a term paper please see “DO_PTS_Guide for the preparation of a seminar paper” in Moodle.
– Peer-Feedback: Evaluation and critical review of one term paper of a fellow student via Moodle. Selection will take place via a random generator.
– Presentation/Pitch: individual 5 minutes pitch presentation about own term paper including topic introduction, description of current situation, problem identification and proposals for potential solutions/innovations for the according field of the packaging industry. Selection of various support material for presentation and visualization is at your own choice (PPT, Flip-Chart, poster, video, etc.). This part mainly encourages preparation, structure, creativity and advancement of presentation techniques for pitches / key note speeches.