Details

Georg Mach, BSc

Radiographer
Academic Staff


T: +43 1 606 68 77-4802
F: +43 1 606 68 77-4809

Room: D.Z.30
Favoritenstraße 226
1100 Wien


Lectures 2019/20

Health Sciences

> Bachelor Thesis 1 - Cross Sectional Techniques SE
Radiological Technologymore

Bachelor Thesis 1 - Cross Sectional Techniques SE

Lector: Christopher Deutsch, BSc MA, Barbara Kraus, MSc, Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc

1 SWS
7 ECTS
> Bachelor Thesis 1 - Cross Sectional Techniques SE
Radiological Technologymore

Bachelor Thesis 1 - Cross Sectional Techniques SE

Lector: Christopher Deutsch, BSc MA, Christoph Kamp, BSc, Barbara Kraus, MSc, Alexander Lehde, MAS, Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc, Alexander Raith, BSc MSc, Mag.a Gabriele Schwarzmüller-Erber, MBA, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

1 SWS
7 ECTS

Lecture contents

Radiological technical workflow (particularly optimization of examination methods), selected studies in the field of sectional imaging technique; / development of new contrast agents; current technical developments;
Special areas of operation for radiology technicians working with sectional imaging technique (e.g. 3D Navigation and Virtual Surgery) or with technical application or in research & development, in the industry, archaeology and the arts.

Assessment methods

written Bachelor's thesis

Teaching methods

Seminar

Language

German-English

> Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacolog...
Radiological Technologymore

Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology ILV

Lector: Reza Agha Mohammadi Sareshgi, MSc, Christopher Deutsch, BSc MA, FH-Prof. DI (FH) Godoberto Guevara Rojas, PhD, Barbara Kraus, MSc, Alexander Lehde, MAS, Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc, Melanie Pressler, BSc, Alexander Raith, BSc MSc, Dr. phil.

1.5 SWS
3 ECTS

Lecture contents

General aspects of pharmacology: Definitions, Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, basics on dosage forms, clinical testing, stability, storage and disposal of drugs
Special aspects of pharmaceutical drugs of relevant interest and importance -
Analgesics, sedative and hypnotic agents, systemic and local anesthetics, drugs to improve cardiovascular function, anticoagulants, hormones, antihistamines, antidiabetics, radiocontrast agents -
drugs, effects and side-effects, adverse drug reactions and (preventive) managing procedures, indications, contraindications, dosage and application, drug products

Clinical Chemistry: Laboratory parameter of relevant interest and importance –
blood coagulation, parameter of inflammation, liver parameter, creatinin, blood glucose, hormones

Assessment methods

written exam

Teaching methods

lecture

Language

German

> Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacolog...
Radiological Technologymore

Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology ILV

Lector: Reza Agha Mohammadi Sareshgi, MSc, Christopher Deutsch, BSc MA, FH-Prof. DI (FH) Godoberto Guevara Rojas, PhD, Christoph Kamp, BSc, Barbara Kraus, MSc, Alexander Lehde, MAS, Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc, Alexander Raith, BSc MSc, Dr. phil. Dr

1.5 SWS
3 ECTS

Lecture contents

General aspects of pharmacology: Definitions, Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, basics on dosage forms, clinical testing, stability, storage and disposal of drugs
Special aspects of pharmaceutical drugs of relevant interest and importance -
Analgesics, sedative and hypnotic agents, systemic and local anesthetics, drugs to improve cardiovascular function, anticoagulants, hormones, antihistamines, antidiabetics, radiocontrast agents -
drugs, effects and side-effects, adverse drug reactions and (preventive) managing procedures, indications, contraindications, dosage and application, drug products

Clinical Chemistry: Laboratory parameter of relevant interest and importance –
blood coagulation, parameter of inflammation, liver parameter, creatinin, blood glucose, hormones

Assessment methods

written exam

Teaching methods

lecture

Language

German

> MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV

Lector: Thomas Himmler, MSc, Irene Kain, MSc, Prim. Doz. Dr. Joachim Kettenbach, EBIR, Georg Mach, BSc, Univ. Prof. Dr. Siegfried Trattnig

2 SWS
3 ECTS

Lecture contents

- Patient Management
- MRI-Standard examinations and interventions of selected body parts
- Contrast agents in MRI
- Security
- clinical lessons in groups

Assessment methods

Final exam

Teaching methods

integrated lecture course (lecture 60%; course 40%)

Language

German-English

> MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV

Lector: Thomas Himmler, MSc, Irene Kain, MSc, Prim. Doz. Dr. Joachim Kettenbach, EBIR, Georg Mach, BSc, Univ. Prof. Dr. Siegfried Trattnig

2 SWS
3 ECTS

Lecture contents

- Patient Management
- MRI-Standard examinations and interventions of selected body parts
- Contrast agents in MRI
- Security
- clinical lessons in groups

Assessment methods

Final exam

Teaching methods

integrated lecture course (lecture 60%; course 40%)

Language

German-English

> MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV

Lector: Thomas Himmler, MSc, Irene Kain, MSc, Prim. Doz. Dr. Joachim Kettenbach, EBIR, Georg Mach, BSc

2 SWS
3 ECTS

Lecture contents

- Patient Management
- MRI-Standard examinations and interventions of selected body parts
- Contrast agents in MRI
- Security
- clinical lessons in groups

Assessment methods

Final exam

Teaching methods

integrated lecture course (lecture 60%; course 40%)

Language

German-English

> MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Examinations and Interventions ILV

Lector: Thomas Himmler, MSc, Irene Kain, MSc, Prim. Doz. Dr. Joachim Kettenbach, EBIR, Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

2 SWS
3 ECTS
> MRT: Postprocessing and Image Analysis UE
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Postprocessing and Image Analysis UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

1 SWS
1 ECTS

Lecture contents

> Postprocessing (MPR, MIP, Subtraction, Composing, Perfusion)
> image analysis
> image based MRI anatomy / pathology
> Advanced MRI

Assessment methods

Final exam

Teaching methods

Exercise course

Language

German

> MRT: Postprocessing and Image Analysis UE
Radiological Technologymore

MRT: Postprocessing and Image Analysis UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

1 SWS
1 ECTS

Lecture contents

> Postprocessing (MPR, MIP, Subtraction, Composing, Perfusion)
> image analysis
> image based MRI anatomy / pathology
> Advanced MRI

Assessment methods

Final exam

Teaching methods

Exercise course

Language

German

> Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomograph...
Radiological Technologymore

Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomography UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

0.5 SWS
0.5 ECTS

Lecture contents

analyse the practical tasks through the application of theoretical teaching, coping with pressured situations, feedback, working together in teams, presentation and discussion of a case study from professional experience

Assessment methods

immanent examination, written report

Teaching methods

practice

Language

German-English

> Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomograph...
Radiological Technologymore

Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomography UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

0.5 SWS
0.5 ECTS

Lecture contents

analyse the practical tasks through the application of theoretical teaching, coping with pressured situations, feedback, working together in teams, presentation and discussion of a case study from professional experience

Assessment methods

immanent examination, written report

Teaching methods

practice

Language

German-English

> Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomograph...
Radiological Technologymore

Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomography UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

0.5 SWS
0.5 ECTS

Lecture contents

analyse the practical tasks through the application of theoretical teaching, coping with pressured situations, feedback, working together in teams, presentation and discussion of a case study from professional experience

Assessment methods

immanent examination, written report

Teaching methods

practice

Language

German-English

> Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomograph...
Radiological Technologymore

Practical Reflection: Magnetic Resonance Tomography UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Mag.a Ulrike Weinberger

0.5 SWS
0.5 ECTS
> Practical: Magnetic Resonance Tomography PR
Radiological Technologymore

Practical: Magnetic Resonance Tomography PR

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc

0 SWS
8.5 ECTS
> Vital Signs UE
Radiological Technologymore

Vital Signs UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc

0.5 SWS
1 ECTS

Lecture contents

In Cooperation with the Lecturers train and learn the participants during 9 Units

- presentation of anatomical and physiological knowledge regarding venous punction, application of indwelling venous cannula and also indirect blood pressure reading and to do an 12-lead-ECG, after duration of self-study
- technique of venous puncture (Participants on each other)
- technique of application of indwelling venous cannula on a Dummy or Participants on each other
- technique of indirect blood pressuere reading and to do an 12-lead-ECG Participants on each other

Assessment methods

written Exam

Teaching methods

Hands-on Skill Labs training, Discussion

Language

German

> Vital Signs UE
Radiological Technologymore

Vital Signs UE

Lector: Georg Mach, BSc, Klemens Messner, BSc MSc

0.5 SWS
1 ECTS

Lecture contents

In Cooperation with the Lecturers train and learn the participants during 9 Units

- presentation of anatomical and physiological knowledge regarding venous punction, application of indwelling venous cannula and also indirect blood pressure reading and to do an 12-lead-ECG, after duration of self-study
- technique of venous puncture (Participants on each other)
- technique of application of indwelling venous cannula on a Dummy or Participants on each other
- technique of indirect blood pressuere reading and to do an 12-lead-ECG Participants on each other

Assessment methods

written Exam

Teaching methods

Hands-on Skill Labs training, Discussion

Language

German