Applied Life Sciences
Chemical Laboratory Exercises UE
Lector: Dipl.-Ing. Lukas Prielinger, BSc, Verena Vogler, BSc
- Safety in the chemical laboratory
- Handling of basic laboratory equipment
- Semiquantitative analysis of inorganic anions and cations using colourimetric rapid tests
- Quantitative analysis by volumetric methods (acid base titration, redox titration, complexometry)
- pH value and pH determination methods
Practical work in the chemical laboratory, protocol and final discussion, online quiz
Practical exercises and lectures by teachers, with distance learning elements.
Microbiology Laboratory Exercises UE
Lector: Dr. techn. Bernhard Rainer, MSc, Verena Vogler, BSc
- Basics of microbiological work (hygiene measures, sterile work, safety)
- Cultivation and inoculation of microorganisms
- Microscopy and staining techniques
- Microbial counts and hygiene monitoring tests
- Hygiene testing of food packaging
The performance assessment consists of an online course (blended learning microbiology), the assessment of the practical work in the laboratory and the laboratory protocol.
This course is conducted as a practical exercise. The students work independently on given tasks.
The course is accompanied by a teaching event on Moodle, where scripts, videos and other information material are available.