You will acquire the scientific approach of the “Evidence-Based Physiotherapy” and will learn to assess the possibilities and limits of their application of various physiotherapeutic methods, but also their health economy effects and how to present and communicate the results.
- You will choose between the key future fields Physiotherapeutic Pain Treatment Strategies and Motor Learning in the Various Stages of Life.
- The focus of the elective Pain is the current scientific findings on the origin and perception of pain, the physiology of pain, phenomena of chronic pain as well as physiotherapy-relevant treatment strategies and procedures. This elective is oriented towards problems from the clinical fields oncology and palliative medicine, but also from orthopaedics, traumatology and neurology.
- The elective Motor Learning will teach you current scientific findings on the neurophysiological fundamentals of motor learning. You will gain an overview of current tests and assessment procedures as well as the ideal basic conditions for motor learning. You will gain the know-how for the selection and implementation of test procedures, and also for the individual adjustment and optimisation of the basic conditions for motor learning.
- You will master the methods of scientific working and will learn to formulate physiotherapy-relevant research questions.
- As well as these main topics you will gain skills in personnel management, project and quality management in the course of your training.
Studying and learning from each other in Europe
Vienna is an internationally recognised academic location, where contacts are made and networks are developed. Internationalisation is a living process, to which the staff at the University of Applied Sciences, FH Campus Wien are dedicated. A first-class choice of placements and study stays abroad or collaboration in international projects are central elements in modern education. We invite you to make the best use of these possibilities.
You have graduated as a physiotherapist and have ideally several years professional experience. With this course you will contribute to the practical implementation of international standards and scientific knowledge. Our university of applied sciences cultivates the continuous exchange between science and practice, to which you can directly contribute via work on R&D projects.