Applicants should send their documents to our secretary’s office. If you fulfil the admission requirements you will receive a written invitation to participate in the selection procedure. This consists of a written test and an interview with members of the selection committee.
The most important questions about the application:
Until when can I apply?
The application period for the academic year 2013/14 will be announced in time.
Which admission requirements are recognised?
- Higher education entrance qualification: School leaving certificate from a secondary school or a secondary technical school.
- Equivalent foreign certification: the equivalence arises from international-law agreements, validation or in individual cases a decision by the head of the academic section.
- “Berufsreifeprüfung” (Secondary School Vocational Certificate) or “Studienberechtigungsprüfung” (Qualification to Study examination) for medicine, pharmacy, psychology, biology, biology and earth sciences, biology and commodities management, sports sciences and physical education and short-study in music therapy. Institutes, which offer courses for the preparation for the “Studienberechtigungsprüfung” can be found at the “Arbeiterkammer Wien” (Chamber of Labour).
University entrance examinations (Studienberechtigungsprüfungen), which contain no confirmation of command of English, will be accepted on the condition that the required foreign language competence (level 1) is certified, via examination from an accredited educational institution, by the start of the studies.
- Relevant professional qualifications and the necessary auxiliary examinations:
- diploma in nursing or clinical assistance: documentary evidence of a pass in stage 1 English must be submitted before the start of the degree course.
- college for social work or school for social services or a trade such as commercial masseur/masseuse, pharmacist, fitness consultant. Degree programme entrance examination: German, biology and English 1 are to be documented by the first semester.
- If not part of a professional qualification: A first-aid qualification - at least 16 hours at an approved institution (not older than two years) - is to be documented by 30th September of the year in which the course begins.
What do I need for the application?
Send the filled-out application form as well as copies (required at the interview) of the following to our secretary’s office.
- CV and current photo
- Letter of motivation
- Birth certificate
- if married, your marriage certificate
- your proof of nationality or passport
- Proof of School leaving certificate from a secondary school (“Matura”) / Qualification to Study examination (“Studienberechtigungsprüfung”) Secondary School Vocational Certificate (“Berufsreifeprüfung”) / relevant professional and the necessary auxiliary examinations
When does the selection procedure take place?
For the academic year 2013/14 the appropriate dates will be are announced in time.
How does the selection process work?
The applicants will be invited to a selection process. The first part consists of a written test. The 100 best test performers will be invited to be interviewed by the selection committee.
Can I get credits for courses that I have passed elsewhere?
Students with relevant professional experience have the possibility of having individual courses taken into account. The head of the academic section will decide each case on its individual merit.