Embedded Systems Engineering
As an applicant you can apply on-line for the degree programme within the application period. After completion of the
you will receive an email with all further information relevant to the selection process.
If you fulfil the admission requirements you may take part in the selection process. This consists of a written test and an interview with the selection committee.
Frequently Asked Questions about Your Application:
When is the registration deadline?
You can register for the academic year 2013/14 at any time.
What admission requirements are recognized?
- Bachelor's degree or graduate studies degree at a university with a total of 180 ECTS credits with at least 50 ECTS credits in the relevant subjects of electronics, digital technology, and communication technologies. In exceptional cases, the University Council will make a joint decision with the Program Director.
- Equivalent foreign diploma: The equivalence is determined by international agreement, academic accreditation, or in individual cases by decision of the Program Director.
- More information about the bachelor's degree programs in Information Technologies and Telecommunication and Applied Electronics
What do I need for the application?
Complete the application form (pdf) with the table for your curriculum vitae that you received by email after submitting the online application form, and return it together with copies of the following documents:
- Your birth certificate
- Your proof of citizenship
- Your residential registration certificate
- Your bachelor's or foreign degree diploma/equivalent certificate
to the Secretariat of the Program Director.
When does the admission process take place?
The dates will be announced ahead of time.
What are the steps of the admission process?
The admission process examines the suitability of the applicant for the master's degree program. It consists of a written test and an interview.
The written test will require you to display logical thinking skills and an understanding of scientific processes. This test is not intended to assess your existing knowledge, but to demonstrate your suitability for a scientific education.
Following the written test, you will be interviewed by the Application Committee. The goal of the interview is to determine your ability and readiness to learn, your educational and occupational motivation, your communication skills, and your overall personal suitability for the program.
How can I shorten the duration of study?
It is possible to have documented formal or professional qualifications that exceed the admission requirements recognized and accredited towards your studies. Such decisions are made on an individual basis.
What do I do if I do not meet the admission requirements?
Schedule a personal meeting with the Program Director to discuss your available possibilities and determine how you should proceed.
Secretary's office B.3.20
P: +43 1 606 68 77-2130
F: +43 1 606 68 77-2139
Availability during the semester:
Mo. and Thu. 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tue. and Wed. 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.